Directions To Trailhead
Conditions & Hazards
Fees, Permits, & Restrictions
- Important: You must upload photos
you want to use for this trail (e.g. for the Main Photo or the Photo Gallery) before trying to reference them. After uploading them, type the exact name of the file you want to make the Main Image, like "My_Trail1.jpg"
- For measurements choose the units for the relevant region (for example a US trail uses feet, but a European trail uses meters).
- Please see the Quick Facts help section
for more info (opens in new tab).
- Click the Google Map to place markers and add descriptions for trailheads, points of interest, and trail ends.
- Important: Adding at least 1 trailhead is required when creating a new trail and all trailheads will show up
on the Map Of Trails (the homepage).
- Clever Trail will save not only the markers but also the zoom factor, centering of the map, and type (Roadmap, Terrain, or Satellite) so keep that in mind while adjusting these attributes.
- Important: You must upload images you want to use for this trail before trying to reference them. You can then include the photo by typing: [[Photo:photo_name.jpg|optional caption]]
- You can link to other trails by typing "[[Other Trail]]" and link to categories, such as national parks, by typing:
[[Category:Yosemite National Park]]
- Additional ways to format the text can be found at
Special Formatting Syntax help section.
- Important: You must upload images you want to use for this trail before trying to add them here. After uploading them, type the exact name of the file you want to make the Main Image, like "My_Trail1.jpg"
- There can be up to 10 images for a trail in the Photo Gallery; try to pick images that give a good feel for the trail and highlight
any special sights or attributes.
- There is no limit to the number of photos you can embed in various sections (Overview, Directions, etc).
- Examples of categories include national or state parks (e.g. "Zion National Park"), types of climate or other general specifications (e.g. "Cloudforests"), and anything else that describes a special aspect of the trail (e.g. "Aurora Borealis", "Hummingbirds", etc).
- Important: Please add the state (or country if outside of the United States) as a category, as well as the city if the
trail is partly or entirely in the city.
- Categories should NOT be subjective descriptions like "Spectacular View" or "Beautiful Valley".